*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585965-The-Adventure-Of-Moleskine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#585965 added May 19, 2008 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
The Adventure Of Moleskine
I want "Invalid Entry. This journal sounds like the perfect journal for me because I like carrying a pen and paper journal with me when I leave the house. Just today while waiting for the lab tech at the doctors office, I started a poem about waiting in a health clinic. Tomorrow I plan on starting a poem about the blow dryer effect (or is that affect),

The winds pick up tomorrow and the temperature in Vegas is in the triple digits. I think the weather person said the temperature at McCarran reach 108 and he expected it to get to about 109 before sunset. This is early in the year for temperatures to get this hot here, but they won't last. Wednesday or Thursday we're supposed to drop back into the 80s or 90s.

Hot weather is a good writing subject. There are all sorts of approaches to the heat, especially in Vegas. The hot weather homeless shelter opened its doors for the first time today. The shelter will be open during the day until Wednesday, when the temperatures begin to drop. The day shelter will open again when the temperatures reach the triple digits again. That shelter provides cold showers, a cool place for the homeless to stay and water during the hottest parts of the day.

Another interesting aspect of Las Vegas and triple digits is how cold it gets in the malls and restaurants. In some of the malls it gets so cold that you have to wear a sweater. Inside the buildings the cold penetrates the marrow of your bones, but when you go outside the heat just sucks the cold out of you.

I could really use a Moleskine journal to write about the temperatures and the way people react to triple digits. This year is going to be especially interesting, with gas prices rising and cars with air conditioners. When you run an air conditioner in a car it cuts down on the gas mileage. Today I saw a lot of people with their car windows down and applying the four forty air conditioner. You drive forty miles an hour with all four windows down.

If I had a Moleskine journal, I could set at the long stop lights and compose poetry.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585965-The-Adventure-Of-Moleskine