*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595672-The-Essence-of-Ritual
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#595672 added July 10, 2008 at 4:38pm
Restrictions: None
The Essence of Ritual
Pray the prayer that is the essence
of every ritual.
God, I have no hope.
I am torn to shreds. You are my first,
my last and only refuge.

Do not do daily prayers like a bird
pecking its head up and down.

Prayer is an egg.
Hatch out
the total helplessness inside.



Coleman Barks "A Year with Rumi"


David (my husband) and I continue to spend our days looking for work. He has had a few interviews, and I had one today for a full-time position that looks like a good possibility. But I do feel totally helpless, here and now, and dependent upon God. In truth, that is the nature of our existence, but we remain usually unaware of it until our usual support systems and ego mechanisms breakdown.

I have also recently finished reading "A Complaint-Free World"...and have been diligently practicing the discipline of non-complaint. http://acomplaintfreeworld.org. I haven't received my free purple rubber bracelet, yet----have been wearing a rubber band reminder. The goal is to go 21 consecutive days without a complaint/gripe/whine. I have just made it to day 3---the longest consecutive day for me, so far. But the practice has allowed me to spot my own negativity and defensiveness and begin to work on correcting it.

Summer continues steamy and relentless though fortunately, we have been having the daily afternoon showers typical of SW Florida. Last summer I hardly recall them, hopefully, our drought is easing.

And in Corkscrew Swamp the elusive, fragile, evanescent ghost orchid is blooming!

Peace.


© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595672-The-Essence-of-Ritual