*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596688-The-Threat-of-Rain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#596688 added July 15, 2008 at 8:56pm
Restrictions: None
The Threat of Rain
Fidál (Grace), 3 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Tuesday, July 15, 2008 about 5:35 PM PDT

It keeps threatening rain here in Las Vegas. The clouds gather, white fluffy clouds that hide the sun and the sapphire blue sky. The humidity raises and sometimes it even sprinkles a little bit, but it never rains. This is monsoon season here. This is the time of year it is supposed to rain.

I am acquiring a heat rash from all this humidity. I want to see rain. If I am going to have a heat rash, the least mother nature could do is give me a little rain. My car needs washing. It is setting outside all the time. If I could put it in the garage it would rain everyday, but since I have to park it outside there is no rain.

When I wake up of a morning, I want to look out my living room window and see the black top shining because it rained during the night. I want to sit out on my enclosed patio and hear the rain hitting the tin roof. I want to smell the rain striking the oleanders. There is no use having oleanders until you can smell the rain falling through there leaves. True, most of the time I don't want oleanders around. However, when it rains the scent of the rain in the oleanders is something special.

I want to smell wet pine needles in the early morning. I want to sit on my patio with a hot cup of coffee and watch the rain. I want to sit on my couch in the afternoon and watch the rain through the picture window. I want to walk out into the middle of the street when it rains and just stand there getting wet. I want to watch the rain. I don't necessarily want to drive in it, but I do want to walk in it. I want to feel cold drops of liquid hitting my bare arms.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596688-The-Threat-of-Rain