*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596893-The-first-rain-of-the-monsoon-season
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#596893 added July 16, 2008 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
The first rain of the monsoon season
‘Idál (Justice), 4 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Tuesday-Wednesday, 16, 2008 about 7:38 PM PDT

It finally rained. Sixteen days into July, sixteen days into the monsoon season, we got rain in Las Vegas. Liquid water falling from the sky dropping onto our houses, our streets and any tourist foolish enough to be outside.

Beautiful wet rain
descended onto Las Vegas
leaving puddles in driveways
and slowing traffic in spots.


I heard thunder, but saw no lightening. I heard the rain dropping onto the cement outside my house. I stood in my open front door and watched the water fall from the sky. I watched the water drip from my open garage door and from the roof of my house. I did not go out and walk in it. All though, considering how little rain we have received this year, perhaps I should have. I may not get another chance to walk in the rain again this year.

I left my car in the driveway and it rained on my car. I missed my chance to go wash my car without the water police giving me a ticket for washing my car. All though, they would probably have given me a ticket for polluting the street with soap. All right, maybe the last sentence was a bit of an exaggeration.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596893-The-first-rain-of-the-monsoon-season