*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599708-Writing-Editing-like-Making-Pie-Crust-and-True-Horror
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#599708 added November 5, 2008 at 9:56am
Restrictions: None
Writing/ Editing like Making Pie Crust and True Horror
I wrote a piece for The Writer's Cramp contest that is getting me some feedback.
 The Conversation  (18+)
overheard conversation about ending someone's life
#1457021 by Lani
The Conversation is story of what a comatose person overhears. I wrote it fast and the idea was good. The characters are good and the start is stong, The ending is ok but the middle is weak. I knew this but posted it anyway. I figured I would expand later. And that was the feedback from someone from the contest (I assume since they mentioned the prompt). However in the expansion now I feel I have lost the "feel' of the piece. It's starting to ramble in my head. I wish I had saved the original post and created a new one.


It's like making pie crust too much working of the dough makes it tough.


It funny the feedback have used words like chilling and horror but I never saw it that way. Creepy maybe. Horror is for Poe and Lovecraft.


I suppose though this is my one true fear: To be helpless in a bed and be aware. Maybe it is true horror.

© Copyright 2008 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599708-Writing-Editing-like-Making-Pie-Crust-and-True-Horror