*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605615-Next-time-kiss-me-first
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#605615 added September 5, 2008 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
Next time, kiss me first.
At least I got a compliment today.

So here's your Walgreens Chick update of the day, and at no additional charge!

I walked in around 4pm. I had a rough day...more on that later. Grabbed a Diet Dew. Had a strange taste for it, and anything I can do to maintain my waifish figure and stave off the impending belly of junk will be done, save the laying off of the breakfast burritos at McDonalds.

Sauntered my not-feeling-so-hot ass over to the beauty counter where the bane of your existences is working. And it goes well...she compliments my hat, which features the logo of my favorite baseball team (and with respect to HIPPA laws, will remain unnamed) and sounds like her maiden name.

And due south, right...about...now.

Remember last week's Textgate? I sent her a message and got no reply, then she lost her phone and not a word was spoken about it? She lit me up like a gaudy Christmas tree today. It was actually, in all honesty, kinda sweet. *Smirk*

She harped on me for coming in either really early or really late. Whatever. Pick your battles, lady.

Then I made her go to the main register area to get me a phone card. When she came back I said "Yeah, take your time with that too." I may as well have just cut off an Asian elephant from heroin (anyone catch that story on the back of the news today...it was captured by drug smugglers and pacified with smack)... plug in the gaudiness NOW.

"Yeah, by the way, your text DID get me in trouble, thank you. You knew what you were doing, didn't you?" She held short of gasping this time, but the conviction in her speech was there.

Wasn't expecting this at all. Hence my forthright reply: "I never know what I'm doing."

Priceless. So priceless, all she could shoot back was a sophmoric "You did too! You so did!"

So I owned and confused her with "Don't you think if I knew what I was doing, we'd be in a different place by now?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"What do you think it means? You'll figure it out. Or not. Never mind." Did the mini I-said-that-cuz-I'm-a-dick-and-can-be head flick (and don't front girls...you know that move and have perfected it) and wished her a nice weekend. She goes, "I'll see you tomorrow?" Yeah, probably, I guess.

So in other news that nobody cares to hear about, something's not right in the body of B-ville. Not that I take care of it or anything, but save your sympathy until I'm a white case and you get the news 8 months later.

A couple days ago, Winkler said I sounded congested. I didn't think so. But the more I listen to myself talk when spoken to, and the more I rub my face and sneeze, I was ready to blame it on allergies. But the waking up in the middle of the night after going to bed at a reasonable hour, going back to sleep and not feeling like I've woken up is staring to bug me. I wake up and it's pretty much a march from the loveseat to the bathroom to the table to the recliner to the loveseat to the bathroom to the recliner to the table to the recliner, with no nappage attained. It feels like I wake up fully around 6pm. Today, after my shopping expedition at Walgreens, I worked up a sweat chewing gum and the walk home was ridiculous. If I knew I would've been able to sleep I might've actually stopped at Veterans' Park and pulled up on a bench. Go me and my failure to believe in Western Medicine.

I probably have a sinus infection. Great on that. Because who looks forward to waking up feeling like deuce and like they have another 12 hours of sleep left in them that day but can't get it? I have chilled on my recliner more this week than I have since I moved in here over seven years ago. My brain occasionally hates on the rest of my face (esteem issues aside), my nose is constantly on the ledge and I have to keep it from jumping while clearing it of random snot, and my energy is non-existent. *Rolleyes* Gives me something to do, I guess.

Anyway, might get out of here and now seems like a good time tonight. May stop by for a few hellos, but otherwise I may...well, I had some ideas about Jess, but I'll let that shit go tonight. Peace out friends, enemies, lovers and fighters ...my bestest to you all. *Heart*

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605615-Next-time-kiss-me-first