*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605403-Four-of--Stones---Haindl-Tarot
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#605403 added September 4, 2008 at 12:59pm
Restrictions: None
Four of Stones---Haindl Tarot
The background of the card shows rocks in water---there are tree roots...red, white, yellow, and blue...signifying the Earth's four directions...Earth's power...physical and spiritual...there is mist rising from the water...signifying creative ideas...overwhelming energy.

Not feeling particularly physically energetic....fending off a cold....but definitely feeling a creative energy....written first new poem in some time. I feel a thrum of grounded, spiritual energy...adjusting to the new job. I have had a realization that perhaps where I need to seek fullfillment is crafting a nourishing, creative life, and seeing paid employment as just the means to sustain the rest.

I wonder about Sara Palin and her decision to accept the VP nomination...amidst a domestic life that is clearly far from easy or tranquil.....power is seductive, but at what expense? I'm not a fan of her political sensibilities, but you certainly have to admire a woman that can field dress a moose...but does that qualify her to lead the country? It was certainly an odd choice for McCain to make.

Senator Biden visited SW Florida yesterday....I caught his speech on local TV...I think he was an inspired choice for the Democratic ticket....I was most impressed, however, by the introduction given by the head of a local contractors group, who is a registered Republican, about why he is supporting Obama/Biden.

And watching those tropical storms churning in the Atlantic.....

Four stones...four directions.....white for Ms. Palin....north....Alaska...practical wisdom...totem animal....moose, of course

McCain.....south....red....courage....totem animal: hawk

Obama...west....introspection, communication....black....totem animal: panther

Senator Biden.....east....yellow...focus, awareness....totem animal:bobcat

Just some mindless, shamanic musings....I think I'll find four smooth stones, paint them in the designated colors, and place them under a banyan tree as an offering to the gods of politics.

I really like the idea of Obama as a Florida panther.....perhaps it will help him to keep the Republicans from stealing this election like the did 8 years ago here in Florida.

Blessings!


 Aftermath  (13+)
after the Amish school shootings, written in Gaines verse long form
#1469906 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605403-Four-of--Stones---Haindl-Tarot