*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/606072-St-Marys-Birthday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#606072 added September 8, 2008 at 4:10pm
Restrictions: None
St. Mary's Birthday
September 8th is the date decided in early church history to be designated the birthday of Mother Mary, Theotokos, the mother of God, and by inference mother to us all.

Marian apparitions, at least recorded ones began in 1066 and continue to this day with Lourdes, Fatima and Medregorje, being the most famous.

I received in the mail yesterday from a religious organization a lovely St. Mary prayer card with a picture of the Virgin at prayer. I've decided to use this to begin a visual journal devoted to the divine Feminine.

On a google search I ran across a blog wondering if Mother Mary came to dinner, what would you prepare for her?

I decided I would try to offer foods that would be familiar to her from her native region, andt would of course be acceptable under the dietary laws that she must have followed. I would offer a baked whole trout with lemon and olive oil, a salad of wild greens dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, and honey, a whole wheat flat bread---grilled perhaps, dipped in olive oil and za'atar.....and baked figs stuffed with goat cheese, drizzled with honey and nuts, and I imagine Mother would have been used to drinking wine...so for a touch of celebration and whimsy...I believe we'll have a Dom Perignon...as it was "invented" by monks.....

See you at the table....

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/606072-St-Marys-Birthday