*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605749-Lost-Dogs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#605749 added September 6, 2008 at 6:58pm
Restrictions: None
Lost Dogs
Feel me today; friends, enemies, sinners and saints. Someone has to see if these ultra-rare Pearl Jam songs are youtube-alicious, for alas, I cannot.

"Hard To Imagine"
"By Your Side"

They're old songs, circa early nineties. I have them on cd, but I want to know how available they are to the general public. Because they are by far the best songs that any person who says they are a Pearl Jam fan but really isn't has never heard.

Made a huge mistake by telling the landlord I'd give him $200 toward the rent earlier this week, then coming up with $160. Mistake number two was telling him I'd be up at 10am for him to get that, because I could've slept like crazy today and wanted to bumrush the alarm on my phone with a posse armed with baseball bats. Mistake number three, sitting outside while waiting for his wife for almost an hour. And then making conversation with her. But really, what was I gonna do? Go to Walgreens?

Winkler came down for a smoke and before we hit BK, I, uhhh, went to Walgreens. He stayed outside and I tried to blow her off but she didn't buy it, or at least pretended not to buy my excuse of "not seeing her", and honestly, wasn't sure that was her with the hair pulled up that way. But she wasn't goin' for it and screamed a "hey" at me from an aisle away. And then, Nicole, I love you dearly but you call with bad timing (I still haven't been able to restore your ringtone...thought I did, but I guess not) and Jess tells me it's time for a new ringtone. Like she's gonna call me anytime soon, right? If I thought you might, Jess the CWC, I might invest in one just for you, and ultimately put you in my T-Mobile my faves 5. Hell, I need someone to take up that blonde icon since I haven't talked to Gaby in at least a month.

Plus, the hating on the ringtone? Do not go there woman. Shitting on me is so 2002, and so is shitting on my Atmosphere ringtone, because it took a lot of years to get "Smart Went Crazy" as a ringtone, and now that I have it I won't ever let it go. Even if my phone sounds like shit...when it does ring and I'm checkin' emails and stuff, the ringtones sound like garbage. Tried to explain that to Jess, and she didn't get it so she instead made a joke about getting a job. It is with all due respect to every woman in this great country and the great countries outside of this that I say: I may have thrown a brick at her, had one been handy. Because she shut me up good. But we talked for a bit about our plans (or my lack thereof) for tomorrow's Bills game, the effects of draft beer, the best place around to get wings and why her co-worker won't eat there again, her kids going to Darien Lake, and that she's "high maintainence".

Backdafuckup. "High Maintainence"? She would go no farther than explaining about how drafts give her a headache. Any bit of Labbatt Blue gave me a headache, be it bottle, can or draft. We debated price vs. size vs. quality between Blue and Heineken. Not like I'll be tasting either soon, but it is nice to have a healthy debate with an adult.

She said she was contemplating going to lunch but she hates taking it so early, and I told her that's where I was headed. I should've offered some BK, but the more you get declined, the less inclined you are to offer. And I'm not about to force things like it's Dairy Queen.

Enough of her. For today.

The image at the top of my blog...diehard Pearl Jam fans will respect that stick figure as the cd single cover to "Alive". And I may tattoo that on my body someday.

And the anonymous who I really can't think is so anonymous but will remain so...thanks for the respect, thanks for lookin' out, thanks for the gp's, thanks for allowing me to have three more months of this, whomever you are *Wink* .

Things were different then. All is different now. I tried to explain.

Nicole, I love you more now than what I thought was possible back when we were in love. You are the epitome of friendship. I hope we touch base again soon.

And, well, all I have left to say is GO BILLS! Gonna try to get caught up on y'all and maybe get some sleep later. Hopefully. Share the love. "No need to be void, or save up on life, no...you gotta spend it all." One last Pearl Jam song for ya... "Light Years". Peace... I'm out like guys who quote grunge.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605749-Lost-Dogs