*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/608733-doom-and-gloom
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#608733 added September 22, 2008 at 5:20pm
Restrictions: None
doom and gloom
My husband was laid off Friday from his most recent job of about 2 months. He kept wondering why the owner of the company had hired anyone...as the store...a building supply company was not doing well.

We are just passive bystanders of this shitful economy. He sent out resumes today and had an interview last Wednesday...but at 60 he is feeling old and not competitive.

I am just old and angry about everything. Angry at the state of the economy, angry at both the Republicans and the Democrats...though mostly the Republicans. Apparently there were massive civil liberty abuses at the Republican National Convention. Not hot news in the media. In our local paper today there is an article about the Republican National Committee using potential dirty tactics to disqualify Democratic voters. I was at my friend Jill's last week and she showed me the mailing she had received, my husband received one also. It is suspected that it is potentially a scheme called vote caging that a postal service manipulation that can disqualify potential voters.

I want to know why people aren't out in the streets protesting and rising up like mad?

I am sick, sick, sick of the lies, the manipulations and the fucking Patriot Act. I am sick of our country's stupidity and refusal to look at issues and be content with slogans and pandering.

We have allowed the current Administration to gnaw away at our freedoms bit by bit and have done nothing. We are willing to be fed with crap for answers to problems and outright lies. Our environment is degraded, our infrastructure is rotting, our health care and school systems suck, and nobody cares about anything except that Barack Obama is a black man with a funny name who talked about putting lipstick on a pig!

The Republicans are likely to steal this election again like they did with Gore...and seem to be targeting Florida again.

Sorry, but I am NOT proud to be an American. I was born here by an accident of birth.....and I am sick of what's happening to our country and to our world.


 Obituary  (E)
an imagined obituary for Sarah Palin
#1475350 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/608733-doom-and-gloom