*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607356-Lunch-On-Purpose
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#607356 added September 16, 2008 at 1:49am
Restrictions: None
Lunch On Purpose
Hello, and what is up? If you're on the East Coast then a teriffic Tuesday, and for those of you elsewhere an outstanding Monday night. Studyees, it's been a long day so let me jump right into it and have a take in The Drop-Off Box down below.

During yesterday's long-winded going-off about Friday night's adventures I mentioned that the lady upstairs, Diane, invited me up for dinner. It was great...she heaped goulash on a plate and I scarfed it down. I took the plate downstairs when I was full and saved the leftovers.

Then spent a long time talking to Jess on the telephone during a windstorm, when I ran out of time on my phone. The last thing I told her was I bringing her lunch tomorrow.

Fast-forward to tomorrow, which is now yesterday Studyees. I wake my happy ass up and put my plastic tub of leftover goulash in a bag with a cute little note that looks so juvenile in an envelope and march down to The Wall. Walked around and did not see this girl of my dreams. Got my paper, my Dew and a phone card and left. The building.

The person that came up with the idea of putting store phone numbers on reciepts is genius, because I don't want to go in there and have my looking for her become a fiasco, and reading Rolling Stone for 20 minutes whenever I go in there and can't find her is bound to get problematic. So I called the store and told her I had her lunch and I was outside, and would come back in unless she'd be able to come out.

Break time is turning into B-time, Stoggers.

She comes outside and greets me with open arms and a healthy peck on the lips. She had a couple of smokes and we talked for a bit, not having a clue that there was a little note in the bag saying how much I've enjoyed getting to know her, look forward to more and that she has a good day. All she knows is she's got food. When it's time for her to go back in, I help her up and quickly get arms around me with more face time. Awesome, Studyees. Especially when you're not the one initiating it. Told her to call me when she gets home, because she had to stop at Target and pick up some stuff.

As she's collecting carts and heading for the door, she turns to me as I'm heading through the lot and yells something I can't hear. I tap my ear and say "What?" and look over.

"Did I ever mention how good-looking you are?"

*Blush*

"No, but that's up there someplace with how gorgeous I think you are." *Wink* I fired that off really quick. The smile it produced was incredible.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I get a text thanking me for the note and it made her smile. I said it was dorky, she joked around with it a bit and really Studyees, notes with a sticker of a purple smiley face are kinda dorky. Until you get a text from the female of your desires that reads "don't stop bein' you babe, don't stop". (Edited for grammatical content). My response?

Hold on to your seats for the meat-and-potato grabbing I pulled off, Stogger Nation:

"You be you, and I'll be me, and maybe soon we can be an us."

Yeah. I said it. Laid it out. I've been fortunate enough to learn a few things from you kind folks the last few months.

To which she replied "I like how that sounds!"

Word. If I could only not have fallen asleep. She called me just after 10. I woke up at 12:30 and chanced it. And yes Studyees, she answered the phone (forgive me for still being excited over small victories). I was sorry for waking her up, but I'll make it up to her, and she was totally cool it seemed anyway.

Things are going well. I just hope I didn't fuck them up by falling asleep and not hearing my phone, or calling her because I wanted to hear her voice.

And now Studyees, I'm gonna check y'all out and try to figure out how to get back to sleep. Did I ever mention how good-looking you are? *Wink*

Peace out NOW!

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607356-Lunch-On-Purpose