*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612767-bubble-bubble
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#612767 added October 14, 2008 at 9:36am
Restrictions: None
bubble, bubble
Full moon tonight! Full moon in Aries----the moonsurfing blog I read regularly called Aries the wolf----perhaps like "the wolf at the door"----most apt in these precarious economic times.

I've been trying to find---cheaply---a copy of MFK Fisher's book---"How to Cook a Wolf"---about eating well in bad times, with little money----our library doesn't carry it and Amazon's copies are too expensive.

David has found another job----lousy pay and no benefits----but we both feel it's better than sitting at home collecting unemployment. He will continue to look----but the job market here stinks. He'll be working for a catering company delivering meals for business meetings----it's Mon-Fri---7Am to 3 pm----so the hours aren't too bad. I'm still working every week-end-----hope they hire a new nurse soon!

And yes I know Wall Street rebounded yesterday----but I think it's all smoke and mirrors! David watched 7K disappear overnight from an investment fund---and I have no idea how the small 401K K I have from a former job is doing. My inclination is to pull it out of the institutions and keep it under the mattress----seems as good a plan as any!

If things continue this way we'll be dipping into savings anyway-----and we are not as bad off as many people! At least our mortgage is low and our house, for now, is worth more than what's left on our loan---and we don't have insane credit card debt!

We went to the cheapie movie yesterday----saw "Nights in Rodanthe"-----not a bad film----the scenery and the beach house were the hightlights of the film. It's the kind of house that's my dream house----right on the beach---funky, eclectic and old---nobody but gazillionaires have houses like that!

Here in Naples----there is a tiny yellow beach house...near the Pier....I think of it as my mermaid house....but it has to be valued in the millions...because of its location.

The closest I am coming to my mermaid house is transforming one bathroom----mermaid art, artifacts, shells-----also have my ceramic black cat collection in there----specific type of black cats with green eyes----from the 1930's and 40's-----also have a collection of cat "soakies"-----old bubble bath containers------you won't believe what vintage ones are worth!

I found a wonderful children's book at the thrift store last week----The Desert Mermaid----La Sirena Del Desierto-----I'm keeping this book for me-----and thinking it may be the beginning of another collecting passion-----mermaid books---


La Sirena is one of the Lwa in the Haitian pantheon of spirits----she is clearly the mother of the sea----in the movie----there was a portrait of Yemanya----African/Yoruban goddess of the sea. In Catholic saintology she would be Mother Mary---Stella Maris---surely the Black Madonna. I think it is no coincidence that Poland----especially Warsaw----that the mermaid is the city's protector and Poland in general associated with the Black Madonna of Czestowa. I feel connected to these feminine forces---my ancestry is Polish and Croatian------and on the Croatian side-----there are the appearances of Mother Mary at Medregorje...

so I strongly identify with this feminine force....The Desert Mermaid is a tale about a mermaid stranded in the desert who begins a journey to the sea and along the way learns the songs of her ancestors.....so I am,too, hoping to learn the songs of my ancestors....

The only way to bring water to the desert
is to know the old songs.


Solo hay una forma de traer agua al desierto:
tienes que conocer los viejos cantos.

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612767-bubble-bubble