*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/621963-How-Courteous-Are-We-To-our-Families
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#621963 added December 3, 2008 at 1:48pm
Restrictions: None
How Courteous Are We? To our Families?
Two entries in one day. I don't know if its the ADD meds or if it is the prompts, but I am writing. I wanted to add this to the courteous post, but I wasn't sure how to weave it into the entry.





I had a friend who used to tell me that I needed to be nicer to my family. I had just broken a promise to my sister in favor of a boyfriend and my friend was irritated with me.





"Why are you so mad, Janet? It's just my sister. She understands," I asked her.





"Maybe she does and maybe she doesn't but that's not the point," she huffed.





"What is the point?" I was clearly not getting her anger.





"The point is boyfriends come and go, but sisters are family," Janet stated after taking a cleansing breath.


"Family loves you, stays with you, picks you up after boyfriends mess you up. Family is forever. Boyfriends are only forever when they are husbands. You need to be nicer to your family, give them the same respect you give strangers. Maybe more. Heck, you would never blow me off like you just did your sister. Would you?"





"Uh,.. no"





I don't remember what I did after that conversation. I think I gave my sister a heart felt apology instead of an excuse.  I think I will call her tonight. The boyfriend? Long gone.





How are you treating your family these days?




© Copyright 2008 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/621963-How-Courteous-Are-We-To-our-Families