*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625553-Goals
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#625553 added December 22, 2008 at 12:35pm
Restrictions: None
Goals?
Prompt:Forget New Year's resolutions - I would like you to come up with goals for the next 1001 days. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be 101 goals, as I have planned, but at least five good goals that you'd like to accomplish in the next two and three-quarter years.





1. Getting my relationship with God back on track. I feel sometimes out of sorts about it. I should do this and I should do that but the shoulds are overwhelming. I need to sit down and do formal study and prayer-quiet time. Unfortuantely to me that can be boring and I find it hard to discipline myself. I will find a new women's group or Bible study this year to help me stay on track





2.Weigh loss?  Every year that's my goal but every year I'm larger or smaller but I still need to loose weight. Lets try something different. Lets try Get Healthy this year. Measured by excerise everyday and following an eating plan. Whether I lose weight or not, I feel better doing those things. And weight loss could be the side benefit. Can you trick yourself if you know you're tricking yourself? This makes my head hurt.





3.Clean House. I want to find a way around my excuses and ADD and find a way to keep my house clean. I hate housework. It's boring and thankless and its NEVER done. Find an ADD med that works or work extra to hire a cleaning service ( oh god how yuppie is that?). Something. I want to have friends over spontaneously.





4. Get published. I want to find out if this little bit of talent is worth chasing. Make a plan and follow through.





5. Be kinder. I'm not sure how to accomplish this, but I can be rude and thoughtless without meaning to be. I want to at least apologize faster when I realize I've stepped on someone's feelings. Be kinder to hubby. Its going to be a tough year, if predictions pan out so extra TLC.





So there they are for God and everybody. Why do I feel a sense of impeding failure? 'cause I've done this before. I don't want to disappoint anyone especially myself when I fail.





Note: Be kinder to self as well. I'm a person too.


Happy New Year



© Copyright 2008 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625553-Goals