*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626424-Last-Entry-With-Prediction
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#626424 added December 28, 2008 at 5:10am
Restrictions: None
Last Entry With Prediction
This will be the last entry for this blog on Brett Favre's incredible career, unless of course I'm wrong about the outcome of today's games. I have a prediction for today's final game for number four as a professional football player.

Favre has talked about troubles with his arm in the media as of late and talks about having it checked out after the season. That will become a factor today.

Considering the Patriots and Ravens will win their respective games before the Jets and Dolphins take the field, it's likely Miami will be the only team playing for anything. I expect the Jets will play Favre for like a half a game, rather than expose him to the Dolphin's defense and risk hurting him any further. Miami will likely win the game and the division and the Patroits will miss the post-season with an 11-5 record.

I'm further inspired to believe coach Eric Mangini will let his team lose to Miami rather than let old mentor Bill Belichek make the playoffs with his squad.

But back to Favre. He's not finishing strong and it's now being revealed (by at least the Jets) that he's gone through these ailments at the end of recent seasons, which would explain why he's had difficulty closing out games late or at the end of the year.

He was the Packer's best bet to return to the post-season this year. He didn't have to lead that team with his arm, but with the threat of what he could do and the leadership that inspired his teammates and fan base. Without Favre, the Packers eventually fell apart because they lacked identity. Helping a Jaguars team find themselves late in the season in that loss really spoke volumes about the Pack and the struggles they will face in the years to come. They were rebuilding all along. A playoff run could not have been expected this year by oustering number four. And it won't come anytime soon.

Favre on the other hand will retire after this season, though the Jets likely want him back. This season was the most difficult for him, he'll find in retrospect. There should not be enough gas in the tank for another run, even if he gets two weeks into the 2009 preseason with doubts this time around. He'll call it a day.

© Copyright 2008 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626424-Last-Entry-With-Prediction