*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626693-Getting-Even
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#626693 added December 30, 2008 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
Getting Even
Prompt: You have a key to your ex'es apartment. You decide to snoop around when he/she unexpectedly comes home. You hide in the closet. What do you hear?





What was I doing in his closet?  It smelled of cheap and cheesey aftershave. I wanted to throw up. How did I get hooked up with such looser as Peter? He took anything of value from my apartment when we broke up. I was back to get what was mine. Noises in the living room alerted me.





Aw crap I thought, he's back.





I closed the closet door, but could hear every word Peter was saying.





"Of course I can get it from her."





Already trying to hustle some other girl I mused as I listened in.





"You don't know my ex. It will be easy. She doesn't even know I hid it at her place. All I have to do is lay on the charm. The necklace will be in your hands in the morning, I promise."





I heard Peter hang up the phone and go into the shower.  The water was running when I eased out of the closet and snuck out the front door. I didn't exhale, until I was driving away. Peter hid a necklace in my apartment so it must be hot. And it must be the one I found, cleaning out his stuff. Pawning it seemed like a good idea this morning, but now I'm glad I didn't. The police are going to get an anonymous tip and find the necklace on Peter. After he charms poor little ol' me of course.

© Copyright 2008 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626693-Getting-Even