*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629019-Too-lateany-suggestions-will-do-though
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#629019 added January 11, 2009 at 3:31am
Restrictions: None
Too late...any suggestions will do though...
Hello and what is up, Studyees? A very good midweekend to you all. I have a couple of quick points I want to jot down before I forget, so I'm gonna let the afterburners run until sleep catches up to me.

* It's over between me and J... I'll pause for a sec to let that statement kick in *Smirk* and wait for your jaws to settle back into their normal positions... as I have met pretty much every member of her extended family. No more will I have to endure the "getting to know you" questioning process, the teenage-esque overprotectiveness of distant relatives and their half-assed threats of what could happen if I break their little girl's heart, the grilling, their excitement over the fact I share a name with her late and beloved grandfather, etc. Done.

This weekend her cousin in Virginia came up for her and her twin bro's 40th birthday. That was a nice surprise... the party and the short notice. But, she sets 'em up, and your boy here keeps knockin' 'em down. *Wink*

(And just so's the slower ones out there aren't asking me too many questions, J and I are not breaking up, so save the angst for a snowier day.)

And how do I know I'm so over the whole "meet another member of my family" brouhaha? After going to another of her relatives' domicile after getting out of work today, I forgot when asked where I work. I actually had to think about it for a second. Could've been a combination of not being ready to be entertained by family-flavored strangers after working all day and being full while not wanting to poop at the same folks' house (I'm weird like that... I'll drop ass anywhere as long as I'm comfy and the bathroom is situated far away from common areas... you don't hafta tell me my shit stinks; I already know).

* After Friday's festivities and before today's more formal family gathering, I made the bold decision to have J sleep at my place for a change. She had been at my place in an extended visit once- back in September on the Sunday we "signed the paperwork", if ya know what I'm sayin'.

I finally showed her my bedroom. I put sheets on my waterbed for us to sleep on (it had been almost a year since I slept on it... I have a fetish for sleeping on either the couch in the living room or the loveseat in my spare room when I'm at 542).

This led to further discussions about living together, and how she felt selfish that on weekends when she doesn't have the kids we still stay at her place anyway, and how while I may miss coming back to 542 for me-time, we'll just need to make sure we get a big enough place so that I can feel alone from time to time amidst the chaos of normal life. That is big to me, having that space. It makes me appreciate having others around that much more upon my reentry into socializing with other members of the household.

Which in turn led to, ahem, copious amounts of extreme romantic behavior. Both pre- and post-dawn. Is it really a threesome if she's on the phone with a coworker talking about work stuff when I decide to reengage her in coital fury a third time after barely waking up? Stoggers, discuss this amongst yourselves.

* I emailed a publisher regarding possibly having some of my items published in book format. After years and years of talking about it. I bought a couple of books in our local section at work, checked out one of the websites I saw, and jumped on the phone to test the water. I included my WDC link, mentioned I work in a bookstore, and was generally polite and realistic. No response yet, but if anyone has any input as to how one goes about realizing their dream of seeing their work in print on a small scale, I'm all inbox at The Drop Off below. But the point is, I did it. I took a step. The only place to go is up, right? Sometimes you have to go a little to the right or left first, but to be able to have something a little more with my name on it would be just a kickass cherry atop the mushed sundae of my life. So feel free to share with me some experiences and/or tips.

* Now that the holidays are over, I need a new official ringtone. I have switched back from "Christmas In Hollis" by Run DMC to "Happymess" by Atmosphere: "I'm not perfect but I'm this that and this...my hands are dirty but I'm this that and this...you've been searchin' for this that and this...let's break the surface and make a little happymess...girl you're the most beautiful thing I've seen..." I suppose if the rhyme fits then rock with it, but I get bored. Don't wanna hate on the ringtone though when I have yet to get the cd. Damn you internet etailers. Damn you all!

* K, your box is on the kitchen table next to me, awaiting the finishing touches. No, I am not on the kitchen table. Monday, Tuesday at the latest, it will be in the mail. My word.

Alright. The First Lady of The Library has stolen herself away from the damn book I got her to come downstairs and see what I'm up to and why I'm not in bed yet, being that it's on the plus side of 3am and I have to work all day tomorrow and attend a political meeting after. Luckily I shall have two days off after, hopefully to post a picture or two and catch up on you Stoggers. Thanks in advance for your advice and insight. Y'all mean a lot to me. Peace and GOODNIGHT NOW!

© Copyright 2009 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629019-Too-lateany-suggestions-will-do-though