*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641030-Entry-Two---March-18th
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1537666
This is for a contest.
#641030 added March 18, 2009 at 11:05am
Restrictions: None
Entry Two - March 18th
Entry Two





“We have to get her away from them!” I said. I was getting impatient. I felt like action should be taken immediately, instead of sitting around talking about it. I stood facing Matt where he sat in front of his many computer screens. They flashed strange words, numbers and symbols, all different colors. It made my head hurt to look at any of them for very long.


Matt spun his chair around, looking at me.


“We know how you feel about the situation, Kaia, but it is just not safe. We need more information about WHALE before we can barge into their facility and steal the girl,” Matt said, his expression clearly warning me from taking it any farther.


“I will not let them turn my sister into a living weapon! She is just a little girl!”


“Yes she is, and so she would be a burden to us. We can’t spend our time babysitting eleven-year-old girls with special needs,” he snapped.


“What about Chris? He was only eleven when he joined the crew. And she could be useful! She can get us information!”


“I said we need more time, Kaia! This isn’t just about you! We can’t afford to get caught. Any one of us being taken in could ruin everything for us. Do you want that? Do you want to end up living in a cage for the rest of your life? None of us do.”


“I’ve been here three years, Matt. How much more time do you need?”


“Enough, Kaia!”


I glared, full of anger and frustration, before turning and leaving.



© Copyright 2009 Ilana Shayn (UN: ilana_shayn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ilana Shayn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641030-Entry-Two---March-18th