*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642952-A-Possible-Dr-Horribles-Application-Form
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#642952 added March 30, 2009 at 1:23pm
Restrictions: None
A Possible Dr Horrible's Application Form
"SHREWD Application


Society for the Hiring and Recruitment of Entrepreneurs in Wicked Deeds


"Because even Supreme Overlords must start somewhere."






silverfeathers has created a survey/application form for future overlords of universe. It's very funny. Check it out.The first thing I thought of when I read it was Dr Horrible and his application to the League of Evil.








http://www.hulu.com/watch/28343/dr-horribles-sing-along-blog








The junk mail disclaimer was especially funny.








(Note: If, on the other hand, you believe that you are receiving this communication in error and that your name does not actually belong in the WWAO database, please fill out and return the enclosed self-addressed, stamped postcard so that our office may correct this oversight. You may then wish to get all of your worldly affairs in order as quickly as possible so that there will be no further complications when we dispatch a ninja hit-team to your place of residence to ensure the continued secrecy of our organization. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and we apologize for any inconvenience.)








The rest of the application hits every aspect of the overlord: ego, ambition, superheroes,downtime etc. Its all done in the language of organizations everywhere. Dry, serious, but so funny because of the subject. The Ambition section really makes this point.





13.  Ambition. Of course, the greatest driving force behind any super villain is that over-arching ambition that defines the shape of our very existence. It can be as consuming as greed, as diabolical as ruler of the underworld, and as obsessive as being the sole possessor of all the original Beatles albums in their authentic vinyl form. Although such lofty dreams are, of course, incomprehensible to mere law-abiding mortals, SHREWD understands; our career counsellors will be happy to tailor your sponsorship to your specific aims. Please use the following space to tell us of your goals. (R)








I don't want to reprint the whole application so head over to silverfeathers site and read. And enjoy a laugh and maybe find you inner Overlord.















© Copyright 2009 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642952-A-Possible-Dr-Horribles-Application-Form