*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644443-Six-for-Seven-GAME-SEVEN
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #1535033
This is a collection of my experiences playing basketball
#644443 added April 8, 2009 at 7:16pm
Restrictions: None
Six for Seven GAME SEVEN
SIX FOR SEVEN
Game Seven

Last night I played another game of basketball and it was my best game ever. I made six baskets. Count ’em. Not one, not two, not even just three or four or five, but six baskets! Well, one didn’t count because I got it just after the buzzer went off. But I got two tries at a foul when someone interfered with my arm in front of the referee. I managed to get the basket on the first try. I missed the second shot, but I was still satisfied.

Vikki told me I have good aim. I do seem to be getting better with my aiming. Well, I guess the results of last night’s game proves that without saying! I was so excited and proud. So was everyone else. Even players on the opposing team were cheering for me. And when the game finished and we went around shaking the hands of our opponents, I got a lot of compliments on my achievements. It was fun telling Norm all about it when I saw him afterwards. He had to work so he wasn’t there to watch the game, unfortunately.

At one point I had the other players fearing me. One even cussed when she saw I had the ball and was aiming at the basket. Ha! Can you imagine that? I had someone afraid of ME! It was quite comical. One particular shot stands out in my mind when I managed to dribble the ball all the way down the court, take aim, and shoot. What a marvelous feeling when I saw that ball come swishing down through the basket! I can’t explain how powerful it makes you feel. You run down to the opponent’s basket with wings on your feet. Suddenly you’re no longer puffed and you feel you can do anything. Even steal the ball away and do it all over again.

Because of the Easter holiday, only three members from my team showed up to play. We had to give two women from the other team a couple of our shirts so they could play for our side. You should have seen the plays they scored off each other! One would dribble down to the basket, while the other would fly across the key. Just when she was in a good position to make a shot, the other player would toss her the ball. Just as easy as you please the ball would inevitably find its way through the basket and another point was scored for our team! It was awesome to watch.

Did I tell you I have a new shirt? I am now wearing number seven.
© Copyright 2009 Pony Tale (UN: ponita at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pony Tale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644443-Six-for-Seven-GAME-SEVEN