*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651100-MetaBonus-Challenge-A-New-Word
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#651100 added May 22, 2009 at 12:37pm
Restrictions: None
(Meta)Bonus Challenge: A New Word
This is my response to my own "(Meta)Bonus Challenge for the "Follow the Leader

Nriver, which is a combination of nincompoop and driver, is my new word. The official (dictionary.com) meaning of nincompoop is “a fool or simpleton” or a “silly, foolish, or stupid person”. In the context of the word nriver, driver refers to the person behind the wheel of a car, SUV, pick-up, etc.

Nriver pronounced N river please note the i is pronounced like the i in driver

Nriver means a foolish, silly or illogical driver. This word can be applied to any driver that does anything from making a sudden turn without a turn signal to some one attempt to make a left turn in a no left turn lane. A driver that is not aware of what is happening on the street around him or her, i.e. a driver who is not paying attention for any reason such as using a cell phone, putting on make-up or eating while driving a vehicle of some type. This is any type of driving behavior, which causes one to question the sanity or ability of another driver on the road ahead, behind, or in the lanes around a person.

Conversation between two people in a car driving in Las Vegas


MARSHA: Ralph, honk at that nriver!

RALPH: Nriver? Marsha, what are you talking about? What nriver?

MARSHA: I’m talking about the nincompoop driver in the car ahead of us, Ralph. The one that cut you off and is about to make a left hand turn without a turn lane.

RALPH: Oh, that nincompoop driver, Marsha, my sweet, the city is full of nincompoop drivers. In fact, unless I’m mistaken that’s why I’m driving us for the next six months.

MARSHA: What are you talking about, Ralph?

RALPH: Sweet heart, you got your drivers license taken away because you were a nriver.

MARSHA: Ralph, …

RALPH: I know, Marsha. That remark is going to put me on the couch for the next six month; fine, at least this time I know what I said to piss you off.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651100-MetaBonus-Challenge-A-New-Word