*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662636-DO-NOT-NOTIFY-ME-when-someone-else-comments
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#662636 added August 7, 2009 at 3:41pm
Restrictions: None
DO NOT NOTIFY ME when someone else comments
DO NOT NOTIFY ME WHEN SOMEONE ELSE COMMENTS

My response to the The StoryMaster :

I absolutely hate it!

And I do mean hate it. The default should be "no comments forwarded" not the other way. One moment of forgetfulness when a group decides to leave 50 blog comments (and yes, that has happened) and my email box could max out while I'm away for a day and I could lose important emails.

Since one aspect of my disability is anxiety and becoming easily overwhelmed this is a serious issue for me.

When I make a comment to someone I leave it there for others to read (or I send a private email), but not to have the whole universe notified of what are only my personal opinions and although some are strong, I have no illusions that I'm always right.

This makes blogging set up like Chat. And I absolutely despise the drama of Chat (and all the controversy it has engendered). I really think that for the serious blogger like me this is going to be a royal pain. I am here for the connections and to write, not to join a social circus.

I will have to rethink my entire blogging strategy. If I wanted a FaceBook Account, I would have joined long ago. I may have to decide to no longer comment on blogs... and I bet I am one of the top 10 on site for leaving comments.

One way is to allow book/blog to have an option for "chat" with this feature built in... but I thought forums did that?

Okay... breath...

So I was pissed getting a bunch of unsolicited emails. I read one and then deleted them all.

I read numerous blogs and easily leave more than 10 comments many days. I will not be deluged with chit-chat and the resultant bitchiness that Chat is known for.

If... my blog becomes a BITCH-site:

1. I will consider allowing no comments... which means I will leave this site sooner rather than later.
2. I will delete comments and block members. What other choice would I have?

I pay premium here (up on August 15th) because of the storage capabilities and the community of writers; not because I need to bitch all day (read the comments at any local newspaper) or want to moderate disputes (I would decline a blue case in a New York second... with no regrets).

So... what would be great for me? Easier access for the public to comment on my blog and more email storage.


Montana: a deluge! a cool 59º.
16,685

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662636-DO-NOT-NOTIFY-ME-when-someone-else-comments