*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662893-Nighlife-in-the-Ozarks-poem-and-greek-sausage
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#662893 added August 9, 2009 at 7:50pm
Restrictions: None
Nighlife in the Ozarks (poem) and greek sausage
Nightlife in the Ozarks

The walking stick skulks the box behind the porch light;
rabbits scurry beneath the persimmon tree;
pink possum eyes glare back at headlights,
tomorrows roadkill if not careful.

Now at three, the hollow slumbers unaware
that I lurk here, at one with Death and Night
that time when life moves cautiously.

© Kåre Enga [160.559] 2003-09-24

I remember that walking stick... must've been 8 inches long! Few rabbits, no possums in Missoula, little roadkill. In the autumn of 2003 I lived in Teresita, between Rose and Moodys, about 15 miles north of Tahlequah. Except for the extreme heat of July and August I really liked living in Oklahoma. I bonded with the landscape in a way I find difficult here. Maybe if I lived in the middle of nowhere it would help. *Wink* This poem may eventually be divided into short lines, making it skinny and about 3 times longer.

Blogville:

Quiet at last! My inbox is no longer overwhelmed. *Smile* Thank-you, SM.

However... there may be a legitimate need for a separate category of interactive blogs; kinda, a blog-chat-forum where folks can comment on comments, vote thumbs-up or thumbs-down on entries and the ensuing dialogue. One sees these on-line. Many devolve into shit-flinging, like I've seen at newspapers. I remember speaking to someone at the Lawrence Journal-World in Kansas whose job was monitoring those comments... it demanded that kind of oversight.

So... it would be an interesting addition and might satisfy the needs of individuals who would then monitor their own "chat-room/blog/forum/opinion-page" Perhaps it would replace the chat-room here and the periodic controversy concerning it.

I vote for Z.˚rz to open the first one! *Laugh* Zach's just whack enough to carry it off! Would add a welcome boost to WdC.

Then, those of us who want to blog/plog/vlog more quietly in a personal manner could maintain our peace and tranquility.

A win-win for everybody. *Delight*

Not-so-Blah.

Well, I swear that greek sausage tasted better yesterday *Delight* than it smelled today. *Sick*

I went to market and killed the pocket-piglet. Spent beau-coup bucks. Got an egg roll and then a double-shot-espresso-double-shot-butterscotch latté at the Loose Caboose for starters; bought a porcini, a golden brandywine tomato, cilantro, french morel sausage and the aforementioned greek sausage (with orange peel, port wine and garlic it was magnificent!).

Uncle Bill's Sausages (406.543.5627) is ab-fab. He carries at least 20 varieties, including: chorizo, bufarra, kielbasa, bockwurst, tuscan, andouille, jerk, linguica, and French sausages with pistachios or apple or morels. We are in snausage heaven in Missoula. *Bigsmile* For instance, his "Roger's holiday habanero" contains cranberry, blueberry, honey, smoked and fresh habaneros (available seasonally).

Today is partly cloudy, but the deluge on Friday was awesome! Over 2 inches of the wet stuff. Since we were 2 inches below average for the year we caught up. However... very seldom does Missoula ever get a downpour over 1/2 inch, unheard of in August, so this was historical.

Montana: 69° at 1 p.m. in Missoula.
16,747

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662893-Nighlife-in-the-Ozarks-poem-and-greek-sausage