*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663664-Read-the-words--the-loss-of-a-great-one-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1527474
A glimspse into my musings ... as rambling, twisted & demented as they may be
#663664 added August 14, 2009 at 8:39pm
Restrictions: None
Read the words & the loss of a great one ...
Sometimes I think that we get so wrapped up in the pretty *Star*s that come with a review that we don't stop and READ the reviewer's thoughts. This is not to point fingers at anyone. I am as guilty of this as the next person at times. But over the last couple of days I have been the recipient of two reviews that made me feel like a million bucks. Both reviews came with a 4.5 star rating BUT the praise directed at the story and the writing made me feel like it was a 6!   

A year ago I might of dwelled on that elusive *Halfstar*, wracking my brain for how to be perfect instead of just reading what they had to say. They didn't find any errors. They loved the descriptions! The enjoyed reading my story. Isn't that what you want to hear? Isn't that why you share your work here? It is something special to get the opinion of writers you admire and feel that you measure up... to know THEY think you measure up. Pretty stars aside ... that is what really matters.

Yesterday the music world lost a truly great musician and contributor to the industry. Les Paul passed away at the rocking age of 94. An incredible muscian in his own right, Les will be remembered by most as the inventor of the solid body electric guitar.

This is a song that Richie Sambora wrote for a Les Paul Tribute album called Les Paul and Friends. The song is called Great Hall of Fame. I couldn't find an official video on youtube but here is a link to a fan video so you can hear the song.

God Bless you Les *Heart*


© Copyright 2009 Mara ♣ McBain (UN: irish_hussy69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mara ♣ McBain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663664-Read-the-words--the-loss-of-a-great-one-