*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665922-the-high-priestess
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#665922 added August 31, 2009 at 3:42pm
Restrictions: None
the high priestess
The High Priestess is my card for the week. The image from the Gaian Tarot shows a woman with her face representing a young woman, maiden and mother, and an aging face, the Crone. While she is the representation of the Goddess shr reminds me that I contain all that I have been and will be across time---past, present, future unfolding together.

The card represents ancient mysteries, intuition, the moon. Sept's. full moon is the 4th----on-line-- the venerable publication The Old Farmer's Almanac is sponsering a contest to rename the full moons according to our more modern lives. The September moon is traditionally the Corn Moon or the Harvest Moon. But for most of us urban dwellers these names don't resonate so much anymore.

I've often thought of renaming the moons to represent the seasons more accurately as they occur here in southwestern Florida. For me the September moon would be the Jacaranda moon---as the jacaranda trees are now splendid in purple bloom. But that wouldn't make sense to someone in another part of the country.

The contest kicks-off with renaming October's moon----what are your suggestions?

Blessings!

© Copyright 2009 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665922-the-high-priestess