*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/671179-Hone-Creek-Costa-Rica-Record-low-temps-50k-views
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#671179 added October 10, 2009 at 11:52am
Restrictions: None
Hone Creek, Costa Rica; Record low temps; 50k views
Costa Rica:
*Flower4* Hone Creek *Flower4*





I could tell you so much about Armodio and Ana... and I will; but, for now know that their place, Chilamate, is tranquil and full of flowers and fruit and new trees and bushes; these pictures are only 3 of many I took there. Hone Creek is a fork in the road going to Puerto Viejo or Bribrí. Not much there... but the beach is less than a dollar and a jarring 10-15 minute bus ride away.

Found at a Puerto Viejo website: Ana Piedra is also a local Spanish teacher with 18 years of experience teaching at the San Jose Language Institute. She offers many different options for travelers and even has a cabina at her house for students to stay with her. For rates and more information contact Ana at 2750.0326 or anamer922@yahoo.com.

Isn't that sweet! *Smile*



While I was there, Armodio played the music of Mercedes Sosa, famous and well-beloved Argentine folk singer who died last week at age 74. This is her beautiful rendition of "Gracias a la vida" (subtitled Spanish and there is an English translation as well):



Thou *Flower5*:

I did send out a few post cards while I was in Costa Rica. They can take over a week to arrive. Missed some people and couldn't find some addresses; so, I'll just have to do better next time. *Rolleyes*

Nada mentioned in my blog comment recently that she will be in Costa Rica in December... wouldn't it be a hoot to meet her there? *Bigsmile*

Me and Mine *Flower3*:

Slowly getting back to normal... got to Fact & Fiction; stopped in at Celtic Connection and Butterfly Herbs. There is a comfort in familiar faces. *Smile*

Bitter walk home though last night. This morning I will add a scarf. The old record low was broken by 10 degrees! Got down to only 10º. And the high temp may be a record low as well; should be below freezing for the UM v Cal-Poly game.

Montana *Leaf3*: 16º in Missoula at 9 a.m.
50,116 views

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/671179-Hone-Creek-Costa-Rica-Record-low-temps-50k-views