*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/671879-Three-sacks-of-leaves-Turnips-turnips-turnips
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#671879 added October 15, 2009 at 3:24pm
Restrictions: None
"Three sacks of leaves" Turnips, turnips, turnips
*Flower5* Inside the church in Orosi *Flower5*



Even saints and friars find a reason to celebrate upon occasion...

Three sacks of leaves

I spoke to the Grinch sitting there in the turnip patch long before dawn. He was gathering greens, mumbling about yesterday's frost and this morning's freeze.

"We need to harvest these neeps then fill up the cellar... once it is cleaned. I need to winch up a shelf, lift it an inch, everything's crooked," he grumbled as he picked up three sacks of leaves. "This should suffice. The Whos are coming for breakfast before they harvest these fields, dig out the white globes... before tomorrow's storm's breeze. I have the taters already peeled and 5 pounds of butter and sugar; this morning we feast."

The Whos' recipe:

Peeled potatoes,
three sacks of leaves,
one grumbly Grinch.

© Kåre Enga [166.229] 2009-10-14

*Leaf2* Sketching it out:

So I used the prompts C. Don mentioned in a blog entry: winch, leaf, turnip. Just a silly silly ditty, but it made me write about The Grinch (rhymes with...). Dr. Seuss must've been on my mind. *Shock*

Baked glazed turnips:



*Leaf3* Thou:

So many people in a snit! I do understand the blah-blah-blah aspect of life that bores us all to tears; but, I make do! And with as much talent as you-all have, you can too (even when deeply depressed... been there). All I can suggest is that you keep in touch by reading and commenting in other blogs if you can't write in your own blog; someone may actually inspire you to write an entry *Smirk*. And... even if your life is b.o.r.i.n.g it probably isn't any more boring than mine. So... look around you and become inspired... by anything! By being alive!

*Leaf5* Me and Mine:

I cut up the cooked chicken, added mayonnaise, mandarin oranges and feta cheese. It was better than even I hoped! Scrumptious. *Smirk*

Now that the chicken is all et up, I'm looking forward to sushi. Alas, it is also thyme to make some rhymes and bring out Sushi.7 then 8 then ...12. Shoot me now and slice me up.

Serve me at the sushi bar...

...and off I went to Sushi Hana, ordered my typical $5 plate and spoke to a chiropractor from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia!

Afterward I went to see my friend Leland to spill all the dirt from my last trip... the stuff I'll never share here! *Shock*

Today: I sliced an old forgotten onion and caramelized it with an orange sweet pepper. Ate it with a potato sausage...

The onion didn't even bother me. I must be getting old and losing my sense of smell. It was the first thing to go for my beloved Aunt Verna.

*Leaf1* Watt's Gnus:

Ooooo... neither Costa Rica (2:2 in the U.S.) nor Uruguay (0:1 home against Argentina) delivered. So now they will have to play each other for a FIFA berth. Ouch.

For Z.˚rz : Rams v Bills: I'm not a gambler; but, the Bills ain't looking so hot. This week take the Bills over the Jets in New Jersey (they don't play in New York any more). The odds will be long, the rivalry bitter and no one else will be stupid enough to take the Bills. So... in the scarce chance that a miracle happens... you cash in. *Wink*

Now if it were Blues v Sabres the story would be different Zacky. *Smirk*

*Leaf3* Montana: 42º in Missoula at 12 noon with sun peeking through the cloud shroud.
53,167 views

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/671879-Three-sacks-of-leaves-Turnips-turnips-turnips