*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673033-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#673033 added October 23, 2009 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
Be a writer! San Marcos de Tarrazú, Costa Rica
Friday, Aug. 19, 2005

I am a professional writer. I will not accept flaws in my work. I will write every single day, no exception. My goal to finish my novel is not only a personal goal, it is a professional goal. Writing is what I do, whether I get paid for it or not. For I am a writer.

Mary W. Jensen


How thoughtful of Feywriter to make this declaration on my friend Carlos' birthday 4 years ago! *Smirk* Of course, for me, I except flaws in my writing or ignore them and write some more. It's not that I don't care; it's just that if I stop to stoop over perfection my back may give out... and I'll never get to where I'm going. *Bigsmile*

Still, I admire Mary for her declaration. More writers here should consider a similar manifesto. I agree that one must be willing to perspire and must deem one's work to be of some value.

*Leaf2* San Marcos de Tarrazú *Leaf2*




San Marcos is the center of the canton of Tarrazú a well known coffee growing area on the Pacific side of the divide, just south of San José or Cartago in Costa Rica. Taking a MUSOC bus (leaves south of the Parque Merced in SJ) will get you there. It's a slow winding road through the highlands and will take two hours. Cost? About $2.

There are a few options as far as finding a place to stay, but Carlos and I stayed at the Hotel Zacatecas for about $20/night. The room was pleasant and quiet with hot water, cable and a balcony. Rosa welcomed us.

The above photo is the north side of the church that faces the ubiquitous square. The church is in a process of renovation inside, but the side chapel was open. There is a very beautiful garden on the south side of the church.



Below: This photo shows a colorful and clever mural just south of the southwest corner of the church (notice how the windows are incorporated). Art is not a strong point of Tico culture; but, the murals I have seen indicate it should be encouraged.



*Leaf3* Thou:

I expect to see fewer blog entries posted during NaNoWriMo; but, I'll keep up with mine as best I can. May read fewer of yours though...

*Leaf5* Me and Mine:

Thursday, I went to see films today at the filmfest. Saw one on the Unani of Saint Paul Island, Alaska and the fur seal trade. I did not know that kayaks originated there. The tattoos reminded me of the Maori. Also saw a film on deep sea volcanoes and the life they support in the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.

In the evening saw "American Outrage" about the Western Shoshone and the destruction of their sacred lands in Nevada... much of the footage was brutal. In spite of having won a case against the U.S. government in international court, they still wait for a response from Washington while sacred lands are mined and desecrated.

Today... Festival of the Book.

*Leaf3* Montana: 42º and wet in Missoula at 6 p.m.
55,607 views

© Copyright 2009 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673033-