*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673173-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#673173 added October 24, 2009 at 8:22pm
Restrictions: None
Santa María de Dota
"I have four legs and a dangling trunk..." KE

The air was sucked out of the room. She blushed. "I didn't know you were interested in me". "I'm not". Then her boyfriend blushed. We'd never spoke of that time... that one time... but looks said it all! Years had passed, but the tension was still there, begging to be unzippered, like a bag of peanuts, fresh from the vendor, hot and salty and ready to be fed to the animal within the cage... us.

"...what else do you expect from a pink elephant?" KE

*Flower4* Santa María de Dota *Flower4*




Santa María was one of the places I wanted to visit when I was a student in Costa Rica 35 years ago. I finally got there! There isn't much... the post office was closed (personal business) and the town is tiny. There was an exquisite apartment for rent... a block south of the park. There are small stores, a futbol field, a hotel, a pretty church. It rests in the palm of a beautiful valley.

At an elevation of around 1,700 meters coffee competes with cattle in highland grasslands. The distance from town to country? As little as two blocks...



*Leaf3* Thou:

How does a mother say goodbye to her son? This is the heart-rendering question Mel aka Mrs Tor must face... In Real Life: "Invalid Entry

*Leaf5* Me and Mine:

Out of sorts. At the book festival I met David Ash of Mulkiteo, Washington, who has a series of haiku books for Catholics, dog-lovers, cat-lovers, sociologists... Very funny. He uses the same sorting technique as I do for Sushi. After other folks have chosen the 100 best, the very best gets printed on the back cover. The books themselves are very nicely done.

Other than that... listened to some great poets... some not so great readings. Academics have issues. The "non-Academics" do much better.

Headachy week... I missed most of the festival.

*Leaf3* Montana: 47º in Missoula at 6 p.m.
56,249 views

© Copyright 2009 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673173-