*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673948-Lamenting-the-end-of-tomes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#673948 added October 31, 2009 at 2:49am
Restrictions: None
Lamenting the end of tomes
*Leaf4* NaNoWriMo

"Blood of the Garlic Slowly... wrote #6 yesterday while washing underwear at the laundromat (a semi-yearly event). Posted #3, so officially I'm over 1k words. I'll need to write two or three "short stories" a day though. *Frown*

Spent some time today writing vampish jokes... like:

Why do vamps object to Catholic communion?

The tiled floors of the church in San Ramón, Costa Rica:



Lamenting the end of tomes

Your pages weighed us down with words.
Your cover's garish lies defied us.
Proud and mighty, once you showed your spine.
And now we cut you, burn, unbind you,
break you open till you lie unbound.
You fold like paper cranes with crumbled wings,
like words returning back to syllable and sound.

© Kåre Enga [166.234a] 2009-10-24

*Leaf4* Sketching it out:

Our library specializes in making art by recycling old books. Some are very well done. My friend Rory Romano once took a book on the mafia, shot it with her pistol, then hollowed it out to hide the gun inside... brutal metaphor! *Smirk* This sketch isn't as strong though (but getting better every rewrite). I post it anyways.

*Leaf4* Thou:

If you love the tall-grass prairie or are fond of foxes, read entry "Invalid Entry by asymmetrical.

Make sure you aren't holding it in when you read "Invalid Entry by AL

*Leaf4* Me and Mine:

The day dawned late... and me later still. The coming time change means I may get up before 9... or maybe not. Today I slept peacefully till 7 then fretfully till 10. The grey mornings don't get me out of bed.

Mild nightmares Wednesday night. Wonder if it was related to the cabbage and sausage I ate late? *Rolleyes*

Got a care package with Swiss chocolate! *Heart*. I gave Caoimhe the first piece as she appeared wan after some dismal family news. Lots of dying among my friends...

*Leaf4* Montana: 52º in Missoula at 7 p.m.

56,529 views

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673948-Lamenting-the-end-of-tomes