*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/676652-Feeling-Better-Now
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#676652 added November 18, 2009 at 3:07am
Restrictions: None
Feeling Better Now

Okay, so as you could probably tell from my very sarcastic letter with its very, uh, colorful closing *Smirk* earlier today, I wasn't in the best of moods this morning. But now, it's almost bedtime and I'm feeling slightly better. I wrote almost 6,000 words on my NaNo novel, which still doesn't get me caught up, but at least makes me feel like I'm in the running again. If I can rock a few more 5K+ days, I'll be back where I want to be, which is on the positive side of the Words Per Day graph on the official NaNo site. I've plotted it out and, because of my procrastination, I now have to write 2,666 words a day for the rest of November to hit 50K by the deadline. I told myself my new goal is 3K a day, and so far, so good.

Tomorrow I have lunch with my mentor (and good friend), and also have a chat scheduled with the company I'm consulting for, to discuss how things are going. Given than I've worked 8:30am-7:00pm the last two days, I think we're going to have to have a serious conversation about what they expect of a "consultant" and what I expect to do as a "consultant". I'll give you a hint... my version doesn't involve full time 40-50 hour weeks at 40% of my salary. *Rolleyes* I actually really like this company, enjoy the work, love the people, and really think this start-up has a great business plan and a good chance of taking off. Unfortunately, none of that makes up for the fact that after factoring in the cost of fuel to commute to their office every day, I'm actually making less than I would be collecting from an unemployment check every week.

Methinks there's some negotiating to be done, or else I might have to say sayonara to the company until they can afford to pay me a little more.

Okay, off to do a few reviews for the Mod Blitz before bed. Last week! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2009 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/676652-Feeling-Better-Now