*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678895-Griz-won-51-0-Watch-Ted-Kooser-read
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#678895 added December 6, 2009 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
Griz won 51-0! Watch Ted Kooser read.
*Note2* Other writers say...

A prairie poem of Ted Kooser. Think Iowa...*Heart*:



*Note2* Thou:

I am amazed at how this site does and doesn't act like a community as I must be the only reader confident enough to leave comments in some blogs. I really try to give folks support. If you haven't read this blog, you may wish to take a peek. It isn't grossly entertaining in a ha-ha sense nor is it teen-age-angsty (the author is mature, over 50 and male); but, I think it shows insight into writing and a writer's life as he carries on a dialogue with his Muse, Calliope:
 Conversations with Calliope  (E)
Dialogue with my muse
#1411345 by Sliding Otter

Shannon, mood indigo wrote a steamy entry "december 3, 2009 about one of her days. She wrote me that she wished more bloggers would chronicle an entire day. For her, it helps "to remind myself that, often, the meaning is in the details. and to hopefully encourage others to do the same."

*Note2* Me and Mine:

Montana 51-0 over Stephen F Austin on a very cold day when the Lumberjacks couldn't handle the ball (10 turnovers) in front of 22,438 fans. Yes, my left hand froze because I was writing (stupid me), but I was bundled up. Next game: Appalachian State... here on the tundra. *Snow1*

I wrote to Prosperous Snow celebrating in entry "Winter in Las Vegas: Here snow fell in October and the freeze killed the leaves on the trees. They're still hanging, brown or green, dry and crinkled. November saw sun, but tonight it will snow again and tomorrow will be bitter. The mountains are sugar powdered, but we haven't had enough to turn everything a bright white. We hope that that comes soon. It will cover the beige and lighten the sadness of drought. The river still flows, but the south channel is blocked and the ice flows are threatening to choke off the rest. By Tuesday it might well succeed. Bitter is below zero. Bitter may last for what seems like forever. At the bottom of this old glacial lake bed, winter may surprise us yet, break in February or linger til June. In Montana it is not the snow-on-the-mountain that defines this season, it is how deep goes the chill.

I wrote to mood indigo I used "a day in the life of" for one of my stories, "Horologe" in Blood of the Garlic but IRL my day usually is mundane. Still, even a mundane day reveals itself in the details. Since I don't have someone to be frisky with and because I live alone a day like today wouldn't have much to report! *Laugh* I mean... boiling my underwear (earlier this week), freezing at a football game (yesterday), or freezing to go get a baguette (soon) hardly qualifies around Blogville as a good read. However... Matt getting drunk and crawling into my bed because he thought he was in his new room might qualify (already blogged about). But, I'm thinking of fictionalizing it and making it a story just for him. *Smirk*

*Note2* Montana: 12º and freezy sunshine in Missoula;
57,381

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678895-Griz-won-51-0-Watch-Ted-Kooser-read