*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686749-Aints-and-the-Bolts-Green-White-and-Gold
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#686749 added February 7, 2010 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
Aint's and the Bolts? "Green, White and Gold"
Nope... not going to bother watching it! I had a Second Wind reading today canceled by Da Game. *Frown* It would be nice for the folks of New Orleans if they won. The have a brand new mayor and renewed hope.

*Note3* ME:

Oh woe upon woe! *Pthb* FaceBook is up to 49 friends and counting. *Bigsmile* So far everyone is behaving. *Shock* I'm sitting at Bernice's inhaling the spicy scent of white carnations. *Delight*


*Note4* THOU:

It has been nice to find tons of folks on FB, but I really can't give in to FarmVille. BlogVille takes up so much of my time, I have none to spare.

One note: those FB posts can only be super-short (not a very generous character limit), so they are perfect for a two-second snippet of one's day, but nothing more. I will do "images" and photos or haiku/cinquains/quatrains.

Patricia has the right idea about postcard poetry by-the-way. Enough of you are good at photography and/or poetry to do it by yourself or in combination with someone. I strongly recommend sitting with that thought.

*Note3* MY POETRY

"Lipstick has gone through another permutation, one of many since first written in January of 2007 . Neva Blair's memorial is today and Carol wanted a copy for the event. I'll need to promote it again around WDC. It does have 326 views, so that's all good. Update: I just put it on the Plug Page and put it on FaceBook under "notes".

*Note4* Green, White and Gold

1

It hurts my eyes,
this green-on-green,
moss and shamrock, glistening gorse,
the soaked lime trees.

Will I turn emerald
with my final breath
beneath the blooming fields
inviting bees?

2

Pale bones of this land,
the stones I will be buried under.
In the dark passages of earthen mounds
I will seek atonement with the light.

3

Final chapter of the wee-folks rainbow,
life-warming globe that descends from blue-sky.
On this emerald day, till star-strewn night,
see my motto engraved in green, gold and silver:
"I am bold". I have engaged the fight.

© Kåre Enga [166.350] 2010-02-04

*Note3* Sketching it out:

Simply: I was sitting in Celtic Connection and the Irish flag inspired me. I edited it today and we'll see whether it goes anywhere from here...

Montana: dreary, damp, typical day in Miss A. Lou, 34º.
59,171

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686749-Aints-and-the-Bolts-Green-White-and-Gold