*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686675-Facebook-update
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#686675 added February 6, 2010 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
Facebook update...
Slowly... 37 friends on FaceBook and quite a few pending.

The WDC folks have responded first! Amazing how folks here create community and how so many are communicators as well.

Observations:

1. Face Book is easier to use.
2. I have fewer problems uploading pictures.
3. People can comment based on my wants and needs and not on site needs. This is a major downfall of WDC! This blog has almost 60,000 views but no comments from the public.
4. People seem to be more eager to join and be a part of FB.
5. FB is "free".

However:

6. The entries at FB are mostly all light, short and rarely include anything resembling "writing". Andra has a "blog" there and I'll need to pursue that idea... soon.
7. FB is a SOCIAL site and reading and writing has nothing to do with it. This is a strength of WDC. We are writers. FB tends to attract high drama and the "bitchy" crowd. We writers tend to be the sensitive types... so score one for WDC which seems more civil (with exceptions...).
8. The rate and review system here is a major strength of WDC.
9. I am uncertain of the copyright rules at FB. They are clear here at WDC.
10. WDC seems more stable, safe and secure with its Linux base, and the storage and retrieval system here is good for serious writers like me.

Each site has it's strong points. WDC is primarily for writers, especially those seeking feedback from fellow writers. FB is family, friends and foes... and all the drama that goes with it... if one allows it. (I am not going to be a happy camper when I have to un-friend someone)

Well, enough said about FB. I hope to be back to my regular entries here tomorrow. *Smile*
59,141

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686675-Facebook-update