*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689497-Childress-Prepare-Favre-for-Leno
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#689497 added March 6, 2010 at 8:05am
Restrictions: None
Childress Prepare Favre for Leno?
As you might know by now, nothing new came from Favre's appearance on the Tonight Show with Leno this week. More interesting was a visit the old quarterback received from Minnesota coach Brad Childress the day before that March 4th guest spot...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/06/childress-visited-favre-told-him...


It's not coincidence that Childress approached Favre the day before. The Vikings needed to be prepared or perhaps prepare Favre's mind before that show. Wouldn't you want to know his mind set going in? Did he plan to hang 'em up for good. The team couldn't take that chance.

Sounded like a very cozy meeting with Childress playing the vacationing pyschoanalist who had a session with his patient on retreat. Smart move to help Favre get rid of the baggage of last year's outcome so he can prepare his thoughts for the future and another run at the title.

Otherwise, he goes on the show and anything can happen with the notorious waffler. Will he or won't he? Could he be swayed by Leno or the audience. Although, adulation usually inspires the confidence factor.

All in all, we're in good shape here. With no pressure on Favre to decide now or even before the NFL draft, it is more certain than ever that he will suit up in 2010.

The only thing know that can prevent Favre from taking the field is a work stoppage in 2011. And I'm not so certain that will be a hinderance either.

© Copyright 2010 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689497-Childress-Prepare-Favre-for-Leno