*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690567-To-be-of-some-use
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#690567 added March 17, 2010 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
To be of some use
From the internet regarding town meetings on marriage:

It was Gretchen Cherington of Plainfield, NH who made the best statement among all of those that day. The mother of a straight son and a lesbian daughter, Ms Cherington stated “Gay and lesbian people suffer not because of who they are but because of who we are.”


*Note4* Today's scribble

To be of some use

The path is dry, the sunshine breezy.
There's no excuse not to climb today,
to go beyond what's needed, easy.

You think of climbing with a friend.
Till then you’ll greet each dog, each stranger,
huff and puff and stop at every bend.

Standing at the switchback above the valley,
the day will open up to meet you there
where the sunshine will be breezy.

So easy to let thoughts stray in winter,
to wander off to far off peaks
rock peeking through a glistening display.

Today, you know you have no excuse
to keep on living and no good excuse to die.
You only want to be of some small use.

Somewhere, someday, before you die.

© Kåre Enga [166.361] 2010-02-28

*Note4* Sketching it out:

Anyone remember a passage in Cider House Rules about orphans wanting to be of some use... I am no orphan although sometimes I feel abandoned and un-loved. I know the wanting, needing, to be of some use. Still working on the rhythm, but that will come after a rest and an edit.

*Note4* Thou:

I link my blog entries to Facebook. Easy to do. FB friends can then read my blog (can't comment though *Frown*). But... small steps. Voxxylady (LK Hunsaker) has a fan page and others are doing various kinds of linking also.

Good news? Not much. But... shout out a happy b-day to our own Iowegian Skye . *Bigsmile*

By now I hope everyone knows that Eric Wharton has had his liver transplant and is up and moving. *Heart*

*Note4* Me and Mine:

Good news first: the woodpecker I saw was a not-so-common pileated woodpecker. *Smile*

Saw Kathlene and other friends once I dragged my sorry depressed ass out of my hidey-hole. Someone told me the other day how folks in the far north get through the winter depression by assuming it's due to winter. The problem arises when they are still depressed come spring...

I'm staying away from bridges today and looking when crossing the street.

At the library met a retired teacher of Spanish, Nancy, who I invited to Spanish Circle tomorrow. I cheer up when I know I can be of some small use.

At Facebook, I can tell everyone that the Break Espresso now has FB! I tagged a picture of Ryne, the barista, on-line today. *Smirk*

A picture taken last Saturday at the parade:



And then there was the message yesterday that my dear heart Kevin's sister Cyndy was doing better... then the message from their mother today that she died at 8:30 this morning... My heart goes out to the Wrights of Limestone (Peoria) Illinois. I've known the whole family for 30 years.

*Note4* Miss A. Lou: 54º and green (partly-sunny) at 6 pm Montana Standard Time.
59,928

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690567-To-be-of-some-use