*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691330-On-a-narrow-spit
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#691330 added March 25, 2010 at 5:30pm
Restrictions: None
On a narrow spit
*Note2* Today's scribble

On a narrow spit

There's no one left.
Here on the shore of a narrow spit,
we huddle, look at the sea.
For what?
For answers, hear only echoes
of long drowned Atlantis,
arias of hopelessness
we can’t shut out.

This time,
there’ll be no re-emergence
of human form from forgiving sea.
Angry waters have spoken:
"all flesh has burnt to ash,
been gnawed to bone or drowned."

As we ourselves will drown
when our last hope’s abandoned and we dive
To un-remorseful depths
as on a narrow spit to nowhere,
there’s no one left.

© Kåre Enga 2010-03-24 [167.8]

*Note2* Sketching it out:

Well, it has a bitter tone... maybe I was in a bitter mood? The idea of being alone at the "end-of-the-world" crossed my mine.

*Note2* Thou:

I haven't been keeping in touch except on FB... me bad... email me? But... I've been reconnecting by phone and a couple of you are on my short list. Email me for my phone number if you wish to have it and don't.

*Note2* Me and Mine:

Yesterday I walked along the Kim William's path into the Hellgate Canyon. I'll put a poem inspired by that in my "Nurture your Nature" blog later when I have time.

A picture inside a melting ice flow stranded on dry river channel:



I sat on a log (ice is too cold) and spoke to my friend Mary Lou whose daughter Cyndy died last week. She sounded good. Might be visiting Peoria this Spring. At age 77 she and Dick aren't getting any younger.

Went to a poetry reading by Jill Beauchesne at Shakespeare&Co. last evening. Her verse is linked to concrete images of sea and earth: ice and brine, runoff, whales, the brain and primates. I really liked "Speaking the Primate Body". No grand literary illusions in her poems and any unusual words like pancake ice, anchor ice and frazil ice she explained beforehand. She also spoke clearly and presented well. A delight!

Saw Nancy at Spanish Circle along with the usual suspects... *Smile*. I'd invited her and she came!

My small-victory today was remembering what day it was, getting to the library on time. I need to have poems ready for this evening's writer's meeting at Kate's.

I have set new goals for this new year. 360-480 sketches by year's end will do it. So far, so good as I wrote 2 yesterday.

"L'aura del Campo" reached 60,010 views today... so I just need to remember to blog every day or so. May switch back to "Enga mellom Fjella"... we'll see. Or differentiate the two. It's easy to link blog entries at Facebook (easier to connect with my non-WDC friends that way) and I've already done that with my neglected blogs, "Nuture your Nature" and "O Pinions!". So lots of work ahead of me this year.

Someday I'll straighten out my internet and I'll be able to do more and quicker.

*Note2* Miss A. Lou: 50º and cool, maybe storms later... at 2 pm Montana Standard Time.
60,010

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691330-On-a-narrow-spit