*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693118-Snow-and-anemones
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#693118 added April 13, 2010 at 10:46pm
Restrictions: None
Snow and anemones.

ME:

I was shy as a child.

I learned that not all smiles and greetings would be returned. That speaking to family was dangerous at best and never wise. That old folks would never teach me nothing about sex. That secrets were to be placed in memory's vaults and kept...

secret. These were the skirmishes of my childhood wars. I was defeated long before I was 12.


Just thoughts from earlier this evening, written at Butterfly Herbs.



The anemones were in bloom yesterday...

And to take you back to 1974:



As for today:

Other than snow? Like a couple inches in town and more in the mountains. *Snow1*

The ordinance adding sexual orientation, gender identity, et cetera to the non-discrimination laws of Missoula passed 10-2 last night. More than 400 that attended Diversity Day marched north from Caras Park to join about 150 already in front of City Hall. The opposition (about 75) were way-out-numbered.

I took a couple pictures and joined my Spanish circle and then went to Badlanders to hear Sister Spit, a group of traveling poets. I took a line from Linelle Moïse "In the end we will all look like Michael Jackson" to quick sketch a poem.

*Reading* I am reading an anthology of female poets from Spain (like Julia Otxoa, Esther Zarraluki, María Sanz, Luisa Castro, Ana Merino...). They are inspiring me to write in both English and Spanish. *Smile*

Peace, Kåre Enga Too-Many-Blogs

Montana: 37° *Snow2* and rainy in Missoula at 8:30 p.m. (record rainfall today; >.49" so far).
18,662

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693118-Snow-and-anemones