*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697984-Random-Thoughts-on-Hump-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#697984 added June 2, 2010 at 11:12pm
Restrictions: None
Random Thoughts on Hump Day
Word count: 565

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 – The first Wednesday in June and it’s garbage day in my neighborhood. The garbage trucks have gone, I rolled the plastic trashcan back to the garage and it’s waiting for more trash. This is a never-ending cycle, a twice a week ritual.

On Tuesday and Friday evenings, I attempt to get all the trash out of the house and into the trashcan. I don’t always get the trash emptied in every room, I think I forgot the trash in Mom’s bathroom as well as mine. I will empty one of them today, probably mine. If I’m lucky I’ll get to Mom’s bathroom today, but I have to be a little more careful when I go into her bathroom because I also need to get dirty cloths out of that room.

Mom gets angry if she thinks I’m “stealing” her cloths. She insists they are clean and don’t need to go in the laundry. I refuse to argue because there is no reasoning with someone suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. I have to get as much as I can and hope I have picked up something she will need to wear next week.

I went to the 99ยข store this morning and bought some groceries. I realized while I shopped that I need to follow Grandma Newland’s example. When she went shopping, she didn’t go to just one store. Grandma would look in the paper for the specials, make her grocery list and then go shopping. If she could get something for a few cents cheaper at a different store then her favorite, she went where she could get the item cheaper.

Today, I bought eggs, bread (two different types), bananas, mangos, and two different brands of chocolate candy. I realized when I removed the eggs from the diary case that I’ve been paying too much for eggs. I bought a dozen large eggs for about a $1.00. If I buy a dozen eggs at another grocery store, during the middle of the week I would pay more then $1.00.

I bought two loaves of Texas toast bread and two loaves of French bread. Each type had only 1 gram of dietary fiber, Mom is on a low fiber diet and can’t have more then about 3 grams of dietary fiber at any one meal. The Texas toast bread is for French toast, Mom likes French toast with jam or peanut butter.

It’s weird, Mom is on a low fiber diet and I’m on a high fiber diet; it’s almost that the Sprat situation. Mr. Jack Sprat was on a low or no fat diet and Mrs. Sprat was on a high fat diet. Both Mom and I have to watch our fat intake; Mom doesn’t care because she doesn’t like fat. I like the taste of fat especially when it’s hot and attached to on a prime rib. There is nothing like the taste of a good piece of marbled meat.

I just realized, I haven’t had prime rib in over two years. I need to go out for prime rib because I’m not going to cook it for myself. There are a few meats that I like, but won’t cook at home. One is prime rib and the other bacon; I don’t cook them at home because I can’t fix them the way I like to eat those pieces of meat.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697984-Random-Thoughts-on-Hump-Day