*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704956-I-have-five-hours-remaining-on-a-senior-care-grant
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#704956 added August 30, 2010 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
I have five hours remaining on a senior care grant
Kamál (Perfection), 11 Asmá’ (Names), 167 BE – Monday, August 30, 2010 about Sunset Pacific Time

I have five hours left on a Senior Care grant, I have to use it by the middle of September. I'm taking five hours away from care giving. I have to learn not to say anything to Mom because she gets angry. I wish I could explain to Mom the reason I have to have someone staying with her when I'm gone, but she wouldn't believe me.

After 63 years, I'm learning to lie to my mother. I could never lie to my mother, but now I have to because she has Alzheimer's disease and she can't be left alone. My worry isn't that Mom will wander off, Mom may run away, but she won't wander off. Mom has threatened several times to pack her cloths and run away.

I keep the doors locked, so she can't get out of the house without me knowing. I guess now I'll have to hide the suite cases. I don't want to put them in the garage, so I think I'll put them in the closet in the spare room. I have to use the grant, so I'll take a five-hour vacation.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704956-I-have-five-hours-remaining-on-a-senior-care-grant