*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709712-Elder-of-Fire
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#709712 added October 29, 2010 at 12:05pm
Restrictions: None
Elder of Fire
With Halloween around the corner the Elder of Fire card seems most appropriate with it's depiction of an altar set for the Day of the Dead. These are the days when the veil between this world and the spirits of those who have passed is thinnest.

I am invoking my ancestors for help. I truly hate my job and need to do something totally different. But I need to work, and I need the medical benefits. My knees are wearing out and I am told I must have a right knee replacement. We can't afford the surgery just now---but I am in constant pain. I tried the Monavie as recommended by a friend---it hasn't helped. I haven't found most glucosamine/chondroitin supplements to be effective.

I truly don't know what to do.

I'm hoping to eventually to go back to the evening shift--four days a week---and tolerate that. But things are a mess at work. The director of nursing has resigned and there is only me and another full-time nurse. He is going to school and won't work any extra. We have a couple of part-time nurses filling in--but that's not totally reliable, either. They are killing me with extra hours and shifts------the Executive Director doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on--or simply doesn't care. I'm waiting for a total disaster to occur before anything changes....

I just don't understand corporate culture.....things are falling apart all around me and no one seems to care. The director of nursing is leaving, human resources is leaving, business office manager is leaving..... marketing is leaving...what don't they get?
People don't leave jobs they are happy with....I'm here because I'm stuck....if I could find a way out I'd be gone, too.
Everyday I think about resigning and just dealing with the consequences. How can this be a healing environment for the elderly residents we are here to serve?

I'm just praying for a solution.

Help.


© Copyright 2010 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709712-Elder-of-Fire