*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711283-I-am-tired-I-am-sleepy-I-am-weary
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#711283 added November 13, 2010 at 6:06pm
Restrictions: None
I am tired. I am sleepy. I am weary.
Jalál (Glory), 10 Qudrat (Power), 167 BE – Saturday, November 13, 2010 about 2:48 PM Pacific Time

I am tired. I am sleepy. I am weary. I want a job outside the house. I can’t afford to get a job and hire someone to care for Mom while I’m working for someone else. I want to get up in the morning, go out to my car and go to work. I want to go to the store by myself.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful to still have Mom with me. Mom is 89 and she has Alzheimer’s disease. I can’t leave her alone and I can’t afford to hire a professional caregiver. The only way I can be sure Mom is going to get her meds when I’m not here is to hire a professional caregiver, but I can’t afford to hire a professional caregiver.

There are adult day care centers in Las Vegas, I have to check them out and see if they have someone on duty who can give Mom her meds. Mom would like me to leave her in the house alone, but that’s out of the question. I’m not afraid of her wondering away; the problem is she might run away. In addition, she doesn’t remember to take her meds.

Then there are the issues of the amount of meds she takes and when she takes them. Mom has morning, noon, and evening meds. Maybe tomorrow I will see if she can remember to look at the labels on the bottom of the pillboxes. I have the pill boxes labeled for morning noon and evening. The next time I pick one of her prescriptions I’ll see if I can get colored pillboxes, that might help her remember which pills to take when. Two colored pillboxes is all she need, one for morning and one for evening. I can keep the present noon pillbox as is. I’ll figure something out.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711283-I-am-tired-I-am-sleepy-I-am-weary