*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713672-Thinking-about-2011
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#713672 added December 15, 2010 at 2:54pm
Restrictions: None
Thinking about 2011
‘Idál (Justice), 4 Masá’il (Questions), 167 BE – Wednesday, December 15, 2010 about 11:45 AM Pacific Time

As 2010 draws to a close, I’ve begun thinking about 2011. There are sixteen days left in December and I would like to begin 2011 with all the laundry done. This means going to the laundromat at least two days next week. It may mean more trips if I figure out a way to get all Mom’s dirty cloths out of her room without her getting angry or thinking I’m throwing her stuff away.

This week is completely full. On Monday and Tuesday, I cleaned my port and brought my item count down to 250. I accomplished that. Today I have an appointment with my doctor at either 3:30 or 4:00 PM. The appointment card shows 3:30, but when the receptionist called Monday, she said 4:00; either way I won’t get out of there until about 5:00 or 5:30 and then I have to go the Smith’s Food and Drug to pick up a prescription or I won’t have any thyroid meds for tomorrow morning.

Thursday Mom and I are attending a seminar to see if changing her health care plan will save us some money. Friday I have another doctor’s appointment at 1:00 PM. Saturday morning I have to pick up some food I ordered on Monday. I’ll have to go to the laundromat on Sunday and then figure out how many more days we will go to the laundromat. On the bright side, at least Mom won’t be sitting on the couch in the breakfast room sleeping. I think next week is going to be full as well.

Between appointments and writing, I have to do some house cleaning. Mom wants to do it, but she just sits on the love seat and sleeps. One thing about her sleeping, she can’t get angry with me for cleaning house or for looking in her room for dirty cloths. When I bring up the subject of cloths, Mom insists her cloths are clean and that if they are dirty she will wash them in the bathroom sink. Maybe, I’ll buy her a plunger and a laundry bucket and let her do her laundry that way. At least it will keep her occupied and awake.

By the time 2011 arrives, I’ll be ready for a vacation or at least a short rest. Oh well, things will work out; I just have to encourage Mom to do something beside sit on the love seat and sleep.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713672-Thinking-about-2011