*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713779-Chaos-Reigns-or-Not
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#713779 added December 18, 2010 at 12:26am
Restrictions: None
Chaos Reigns or Not
Jalál (Glory), 7 Masá’il (Questions), 167 BE – Friday, December 17, 2010 about 9:26 PM Pacific Time

It’s Friday, December 17, one week before my 64th birthday. The past two weeks have been stressful, weird, horrendous and descending into chaos. All right maybe I’m exaggerating just a bit. Perhaps I should start at the beginning.

Monday, December 6, I took my mother to her doctor’s appointment. The doctor prescribed several new meds. We went home and a friend called to ask me to pick him up at the hospital and take him home. I picked him up and took him to his apartment. Then Mom and I returned home.

Tuesday, December 7, my friend called early in the morning and asked me to take him to pick up some medication. I got Mom up and went to his apartment. I took him to the pharmacy and he got his meds.

Wednesday, December 8, another friend called and informed me that they had found him in his apartment and the paramedics pronounced him dead. They think he died sometime between Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning. I think I’m still in shock.

Friday, December 10, Mom’s pharmacy called (a recorded message) informing me that the prescriptions were ready to pick up. I called the pharmacy and spoke with one of the pharmacists. I asked the price of the medications and found out the total was $95.00. Since I’d just spent $125.00 to get the heat fixed, we didn’t have the money for the meds. I told the pharmacist I would pick them up Monday, December 13.

Saturday, December 11, Mom and I went to the nineteen-day Feast. A friend gave me some money and on Sunday, December 12, I sold the aluminum cans I had in my trunk (15 lbs.). Together that was enough to pay for the Alzheimer’s meds. On Monday, December 13, one of my brothers wired me $125.00, which was enough to pay for the rest of the meds and get some meat.

Tuesday, December 14, I spend most of the day removing items from my writing.com portfolio to get the item count down to 250. Then on Wednesday, December 15, I went to my 3:30 PM doctor’s appointment. I didn’t get out of the office until after 5:00 PM. I went home with my prescriptions and intended to take them to my pharmacy on Thursday before a scheduled 2:00 PM seminar about a HMO.

Thursday, December 16, it took me two hours to convince my mother she couldn’t wear her nightgown and bathrobe to the seminar. I finally convinced her to put on a dress and sweater (the dress had short sleeves), but didn’t get her hearing aid in her ear. We went to the seminar and I changed her HMO for 2011; this HMO has a mail order pharmacy, better doctors, and more perks for its members then the one she has now.

Friday, December 17, I took my prescription to the pharmacy and then went to my doctor’s appointment (my yearly female exam). After the doctor’s appointment, I went to pick up my meds, but the pharmacy had only one of them in stock; the other will be in on Monday, December 20. I still have to clean off my hard drive, so I can download some new programs before December 31. I also have several other items to complete for New Year’s Eve.

Tomorrow is, Saturday, December 18; I have to pick up the meat I ordered from Angel Food Ministries. Then I have to come home, put the food away and create a menu for the next couple of weeks. I also have to go to the store for coffee and black-eyed peas. Mom wants to eat black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day and I want to make coffee in my new coffee maker.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713779-Chaos-Reigns-or-Not