*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713856-A-New-Cat-in-the-Neighborhood
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#713856 added December 19, 2010 at 8:31pm
Restrictions: None
A New Cat in the Neighborhood
Kamál (Perfection), 9 Masá’il (Questions), 167 BE – Sunday, December 19, 2010 about 5:30 PM Pacific Time

There is a new cat in my neighborhood. This one is tri-colored, so it’s probably a female. The cat is tan, white, and black; she is also fat or at least on the chubby side. I doubt she will be a threat to any of the local birds because she looks too well fed to be interested in chasing her natural prey.

I glanced out my window and saw her walking across my driveway. She stopped and sniffed the front tire and then headed for the backyard. She should find some interesting scents back there because that is the favorite place for other neighborhood cats. There are several cats in this neighborhood, plus a few dogs.

Most of the dogs stay in their own yards, but the cats have the run of the neighborhood. I’ve only seen a couple of dogs running loose and I think they get out of their yards by accident. The cats, which vary in color, have the run of the neighborhood.

In fact, a couple of the cats play “bait the dog” by walking across the top of fences. Most of the dogs have stopped barking when they see the cats on the fences, but there is one dog that always barks at the cats no matter how many times he has seen them.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713856-A-New-Cat-in-the-Neighborhood