*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714345-The-first-draftsigh
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1736906
This year (2011) I am going to finish my Novel!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#714345 added December 30, 2010 at 3:24pm
Restrictions: None
The first draft....sigh
Now...I have always heard that pounding out that first draft is a grueling process.  I have even heard one author saying that they would "vomit" out the first draft.  At first that sounded odd to me but as I continue forth on my writing journey I can see that that is exactly what you have to do!  That first draft is gonna be the messiest hunk of junk you ever read but you know what?  It will have a beginning, conflict with solutions, crazy obscene characters in all their glory and an end.  The Novel is complete, far from finished, but complete none the less. 
Just have to get out that first draft and you know what that means?  yep, yep, "butt in chair".  It means I need to just do it, just write it all out, for once I have my rough draft and my story in place, the world (or rather their world) is at my feet and ready to come alive.  Well back to writing!  It has been coming along nicely by the way, I just have to fight the urge *Stop*  to go back and fix everything.  Keep writing, or keep writing badly i your in it for the long haul.



I want something good to die for, to make it Beautiful to live...Queens Of The Stone Age

mrsvoelkel

© Copyright 2010 mrsvoelkel (UN: kittymammas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mrsvoelkel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714345-The-first-draftsigh