*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714524-restful-lazy-new-years-day
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#714524 added January 2, 2011 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
restful lazy new year's day
We didn't do much today. Started with the Rose Parade of course, did a couple loads of laundry, added a few more things to the soup I started yesterday. Watched that great old movie Silver Streak. I'd forgotten how funny it was.

We were invited to an open house this afternoon, and just as we were heading out to the car, an old friend drove up. He's a 92 yr old man whose wife is in the nursing home, and he loves Bill for helping him with his radio equipment and taking him flying. He showed up with a special new year's treat, three root beer floats, one for each of us. So we came back in and enjoyed our floats. He wanted Bill's help with something on the computer, and when they had that finished, he agreed to go to the open house with us. I knew they wouldn't mind an extra.

Just when I was thinking it was time to leave, I got a page to go to a death, fortunately in my town. Took Bill and Norm home and went on to the job. It wasn't a place I'd ever been before and I wasn't sure I wanted to. Actually, I was pretty sure I didn't want to. The people were standing around screaming at barking dogs. The nurse warned me that the little one bites, and also that she'd seen a bedbug there earlier. I'm so scared of bedbugs! She admitted later that maybe she'd been wrong, so I didn't strip in my garage and throw all my clothes down to the washer immediately. Did consider leaving my shoes and coat outside so any bedbugs would freeze over night.

I've been waiting all day for my opponents on WordFeud to play their words. That's one of the aps on my new phone. It was fun as long as the other folks were playing, but now one has evidently quit, leaving me winning with no more letters available to draw. The other is ahead but it's his turn. Darn. Any of you interested in playing on-line scrabble (by one name or another)?

Bill has been captioning all his pictures for FB. I didn't take my camera this trip, so it's all up to him.

Bedtime, just about. See you tomorrow?

© Copyright 2011 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714524-restful-lazy-new-years-day