*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715048-Saturday-again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#715048 added January 8, 2011 at 7:33pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday again
Jalál (Glory), 9 Sharaf (Honor), 167 BE – Saturday, January 8, 2011 about 4:33 PM Pacific Time

Saturday again, I’m sitting at the computer looking out my living room window at the clouds. I can see the western sky above the roof of my garage. The sun is setting. Mom is on the couch in the breakfast room dozing.

This is going to be another night of no sleep for either Mom or me. Mom sits on the couch dozing during the day and then when she goes to bed she can’t sleep. Instead of sleeping Mom cries at periodic intervals because no one likes her or she can’t remember where she put her shoes and believes someone stole them or threw them away.

When she cries I get up and go to her bedroom to comfort her. It doesn’t seem to do any good, but I don’t know what else to do. I assure her that her shoes are on the floor beside her bed. This calms her for a while and she pets the cat. Perhaps I’ll try getting her out of bed and turning the T.V. on maybe that will help her mood. Sometimes T.V. helps and sometimes it doesn’t.

Mom has an appointment with her new doctor on Tuesday, January 11. I don’t know what he will do, but he has more experience with Alzheimer’s patients, so maybe he has a suggestion that will help.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715048-Saturday-again