*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716834-Thoughts-on-a-Sunday-Afternoon
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#716834 added January 30, 2011 at 7:11pm
Restrictions: None
Thoughts on a Sunday Afternoon
Jamál (Beauty), 12 Sultán (Sovereignty), 167 BE – Sunday, January 30, 2011 about 4:11 PM Pacific Time

It is Sunday afternoon of a new week. Only one more day left in January 2011 and then a new month will begin. When January begins, the New Year is bright and full of promise. On January 1, I put a new calendar next to the telephone and considered the twelve long months until the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012.

After January 1, one day followed another. Each succeeding day twenty-four hours long. One day passed, twenty-four long hours slipped by while I washed dishes, swept floors, fed cats and changed litter in the litter boxes. Then another day of twenty-four long hours passed and there seemed to be enough time ahead to accomplish everything.

Suddenly January draws to an end and February approaches. I realize I have not accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish in the first month of 2011. Where did the time go? Did invisible time-elves steal it? Did I waste too much time complaining?

Perhaps the problem is that I mentally listed the things I wanted to accomplish. I did not make a “to do” list and then check that list to make sure I accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish. If I continue following the same path the rest of the year, I will waste the year without getting anything done. Therefore, I have to make some change, as the new week and the new month begin.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716834-Thoughts-on-a-Sunday-Afternoon