*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720428-No-sun-for-me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#720428 added April 14, 2011 at 6:03pm
Restrictions: None
No sun for me
*ButterflyR*

I struggle in the half-light of inspiration,
lamp-shaded, held by invisible wires
that bind me to life.
KE

*Quill*

No sun for me

Death waits for me, always comfort me. At every turn this known companion smiles. It's Life that's sad and I'm still mad at having been pushed screaming from the womb. I seek the silence of the tomb.

My friend is patient, kind and meek. Death knows I have so much to learn before I take his hand. Learn to let go, to cease to suffer, to overcome my fear of living with every breath.

I swear it was Death who slammed the door when I tried to leave before my time. Sent me back to Life who taunts me now, smiles while he trips my every step with trials. Living tries me. Life is vile.

But Death consoles me, tells me stories of quiet times to come, reminds me that bread that's never kneaded will not properly rise, that I must abide, to take from Life what crumbs are offered.

Today the dead leaves of two autumns past still cling to maple trees and I look out at a mountain spotlit by a dying sun. I cling too, but don't you see ...safe in Death's shadow, no light shines on me.

sunlit tree,
no sun for me
in shadows


© Kåre Enga 2011-03-22 [168.3]

*Idea*

At the end I thought of a Melanie Safka song. The rest of it? Who knows! But I don't think of Death as being evil like many folks do and I don't think of death being "for one's sins".

*Reading*

Found an anthology book on how humans interact with the environment. Actually found it accessible. should've taken more Anthro in uni.

*Sun*
61,717

Yellow cheer from sarah

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720428-No-sun-for-me